Applying for LSST DESC Membership
The LSST Dark Energy Science Collaboration welcomes new applications for Membership.
- Please see the DESC Membership Policy to check your eligibility: you must have LSST data access rights in order to be granted membership of the DESC.
- Being a Member of the DESC comes with some responsibility; please see our Collaboration Policies and By-laws and make sure that you will be able to agree to abide by them. In particular, make sure you read our Code of Conduct, Governance Plan, and Publication Policy.
- We accept applications via web application form, at the link below. It will ask you to briefly explain your expertise and proposed involvement with the DESC. If your application was successfully submitted, you should very shortly receive an automated confirmation email indicating that it was submitted.
- The application will be considered by the DESC Membership Committee, which will strive to respond within a few days of receipt of the application. Inquiries about pending applications, or ones with an error in the submission process resulting in no confirmation email, can be sent to the chair of the DESC Membership Committee, Alina Kiessling (
Alina.A.Kiessling [at] jpl.nasa.gov).
- Successful applicants will be added to the LSST Dark Energy Collaboration mailing lists and will gain access to DESC communication tools.
If you are already a DESC Member and wish to apply for Full Membership (see Membership Policy), please visit the Full Membership Application Confluence page (members only) and follow the instructions there.